Paul Cano (President) professional background in fire protection:
- In 1992-2000 started his fire career with the U.S. forest service, developed his wildland experience as a firefighter, El Carsio hotshot, Prevention and law enforcement officer, Fire apparatus operator, Engine Captain.
- From 2000 through 2003, served as vegetation (fuels) officer and Battalion Chief with Department of the interior focusing on wildfire protection, vegetation management, community wildfire protection planning for over 100,000 acres of federal land.
- 2003-2008 Served as Department Fire Chief for Pauma Fire Department.
- 2008 to present Insurance industry wildfire consultant, assisted Chubb and USAA insurance with the development of wildfire risk data collection program and suppression response program.
- Developed property data collection software for insurance industry.